Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Millie's First Birthday - An Ice Cream Social!


I was chatting with a new friend today who asked me what my plans were to celebrate my daughter Millie's birthday!  We decided not to do a big party this year and are opting instead for a small family get together but it made me realize that I didn't ever share the photos of her first birthday with you!  Wow!  Well, better late than never?  The party took place almost a year ago this week but I hope you still enjoy them!

Before I get too far, do you see those sundae centerpieces? I'm going to lay out a step-by-step with instructions for these easy florals for you later this week but, in the meantime, enjoy the party!

We set an Ice Cream Sundae Bar on our kitchen island and let our guests create Sundaes to their liking!  It was a blast to lay it all out and dream up yummy topping ideas!



These balloon sundaes were meant to flank the doors outside but the rain foiled our plans for a garden party!  That's OK!  We just moved them indoors!



Aren't these precious?  I ordered them from Etsy!


To keep the ice cream from melting during the party, we filled small plastic buckets with ice and our favorite flavors.


I pulled out my old collection of jadeite to match our mint and strawberry theme.





We laid out every topping we could think of! 


One of the biggest challenges was keeping my son out of the candies!




We put out some pinwheels arranged in a bowl full of gumballs but, because the rain forced us inside, I was a bit nervous about passing them out in our confined space!  I gave them away as party favors instead! 


We served milk in old fashioned milk containers with straws.  




I'll bring you a step-by-step of her darling Ice Cream Cone Castle Cake this week too!
Stay tuned!


I added a bit of tulle to her highchair for her big moment with the cake just to fancy it up for the occasion!



Obviously she loved it! 


I found these Ice Cream Cone Bubbles in our colors on Amazon!  They were the perfect party favors!



7 comments:

  1. Loved loved loved reading this. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You need a girl although I'm sure you have certainly hosted your fair share of amazing little prince parties too!

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic party -- a girl of any age would love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! yes, I was thinking of having the same theme for myself this year. ;)

      Delete
  3. So sweet! She's so cute!:-) Beauty decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious party! I'd love to know how to make the centerpieces and that cake!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kelly christine studio