Sunday, November 27, 2016

Winter Wonderland


I am excited to share my next Chick-fil-A tablescape! I tried to create a table theme that would work for any winter celebration with the little ones. Thanks to Elsa and Anna of Frozen fame, my daughter is as much into blue and silver as my son so this color scheme seemed to be a great place to start!


I covered the top of the child-size table with silver wrapping paper and taped down the edges.  Not only was it shiny and pretty but it was also easy to clean up!  


I took a silver paint pen and drew a tic-tac-toe grid at every corner of the table right on to the wrapping paper and provided a little bowl of buttons for the children to use as their game pieces.  No-mess-fun was the goal and when the buttons and table cover were dirty after the meal, they went right into the trash without a worry! 


I used pipe-cleaners and little silver jingle bells to make some napkin rings.  They added a little bit of sparkle and spirit to the table as the children sat down. I simply made a circle the size of a napkin ring from a silver pipe cleaner and added shorter strands to make a star/snowflake inspired shape.  When I was finished making the shape, I added bells the ends by wrapping the pipe cleaner around the insert of the bell.  No mess or glue or anything!


A little shot of glittery spray paint to some old white bottle brush trees made for an easy centerpiece!  The base of white faux-snow finished off the look and will make the children feel that their table is as special as the adult table!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio